|Motorola Droid II|
Specifications Motorola DROID II Android Phone with Verizon Wireless service
- 1 GHz TI OMAP processor with dedicated graphics processor loads Web pages 40 percent faster than the original DROID by Motorola.
- 3.7-inch touchscreen display (854 x 480 pixels, 16 million color depth)
- Slide-out physical QWERTY keyboard plus two touchscreen QWERTY keyboard
- 5-megapixel camera/camcorder with auto focus, touch-to-focus, face detection, panoramic modes, and more
- DVD-quality video capture with easy upload to YouTube, slow-motion capture, fast motion capture, and more.
- Multi-format digital audio player with dedicated Amazon MP3 Store app for over-the-air downloads.
- DLNA Wireless sharing of photos, video, and music with other DLNA compatible devices (Server, Controller, Player, Upload, and Download)
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- 8 GB internal memory
- Included 8 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Text, picture, and video messaging with threaded messaging feature
- E-mail: Corporate (Exchange 2003 and 2007), Gmail, IMAP, POP3, Attachment and browser document viewer (Microsoft Office and PDF)
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
- TTY compatible
- Hearing aid compatibility = M3/T3
Vital Statistics Motorola DROID II Android Phone with Verizon Wireless service
The DROID 2 weighs 5.96 ounces and measures 4.58 x 2.38 x 0.54 inches. Its 1400 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 9.5 hours (575 minutes) of talk time, and up to 315 hours (13+ days) of standby time. It runs on the CDMA 800/1900 frequencies as well as EV-DO, Rev A 3G frequencies.
Features Motorola DROID II Android Phone with Verizon Wireless service
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to the reliable Verizon Wireless EV-DO, Rev A network
- Powered by the Android operating system (version 2.2, Froyo) with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
- Advanced multitasking capabilities allow you to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open.
- Full Suite of Google Apps including Google Maps with Street View, transit, and Wikipedia information; GTalk with Presence; Gmail; YouTube, Latitude, and Google Calendar
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- 3G Mobile Hotspot: The DROID 2 comes travel-ready with a built-in 3G Mobile Hotspot--a Wi-Fi hotspot that can be shared among five Wi-Fi-capable devices. The 3G Mobile Hotspot is the perfect family vacation companion, and at $20 for 2 GB and 5 cents per megabyte overage, it provides an allowance big enough for sharing with the entire family for downloading games, Internet access, and more.
- Enjoy Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter all in real-time without logging into and updating multiple applications. Updates synced and streamed to one screen waiting for you to view it when you want.
- Universal Inbox to view all your texts, social networking messages, and e-mail accounts in one place.
- Real HTML Web browsing provides more pages and better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone (Android Webkit HTML5-based browser).
- Swype input system allows you to input text faster and easier by gliding your finger around the keyboard, moving from letter to letter in one continuous motion. The Swype technology then calculates what word you're intending to type (learn more below).
- Integrated GPS with a choice of navigation apps:
- Google Maps Navigation (Beta) provides free, pre-loaded turn-by-turn voice guidance. Powered by Google and requiring an Internet connection, it enables you to simply say "Navigate to [your destination]" to get on your way. See live traffic, use Street View or satellite imagery to view your route, and get access to the most recent maps and business information from Google Maps without ever needing to update your device.
- VZ Navigator is downloadable via Android Market and allows you to navigate routes, check traffic conditions, and more. And with new "Click to Nav" integration, you can click on any address you see in your Web browser and automatically navigate using VZ Navigator. (Free to download, VZ Navigator has a $9.99 monthly charge)