System requirements recommended:
- Windows 7 or Windows Vista SP1 or newer, or Windows XP SP2 or newer
- 2 GB hard disk space
- 1 GHz Intel Pentium 4
- 64 MB display memory
- 512 MB RAM
- 1024x768 screen resolution and 24-bit color graphics card.
Downloading Nokia Ovi Suite from the web
- From the download page, select Download Nokia Ovi Suite. Click here to Download Nokia Ovi Suite
- Run the file directly, or save it to your computer and run it. You need to accept the security warning.
Insert the DVD that came with your new phone into your computer’s DVD drive.
Installing from a memory card that came with your phone
Insert the memory card into your phone and access the memory card using your computer.
After starting the installation
1. Select your language and click Next.
2. Read the licence agreement and click I accept to accept the agreement and carry on with the installation.
Connect your phone to your computer
Connect your phone to your computer to synchronise your contacts, photos, videos, music and more.
There are two ways to connect your phone to your computer when you access Nokia Ovi Suite: USB or Bluetooth.
Connecting with a USB cable
A USB cable connection is the fastest way to transfer large amounts of data (such as maps, photos or music) between your phone and your computer.
Your Nokia phone is supplied with a USB cable if it has USB support. If you don’t have a USB cable for your phone, you can find the right cable on the Nokia website.
When you connect the cable between your phone and your computer, your phone may ask you which USB mode you want to use. To use Nokia Ovi Suite, choose PC Suite.
Connecting with Bluetooth
With a Bluetooth connection you can connect without cables; you can also pair your phone and your computer so that they connect automatically whenever they’re in range. To connect wirelessly using Bluetooth:
- Both your computer and your phone need to be Bluetooth-capable. Find Bluetooth-capable devices
- Check your computer’s Bluetooth settings to make sure Bluetooth is turned on and your computer is discoverable
- Make sure your phone has Bluetooth turned on and that it is visible to other Bluetooth devices
- Select Bluetooth as the connection type when running Nokia Ovi Suite for the first time, or when adding a new phone via Tools > Add new device.
- Select your phone when it shows up in the list, and click Next.
- Enter the given passcode on your phone when prompted to pair your phone and your computer. On certain newer phones you only need to check that the passcodes match in Nokia Ovi Suite and on your phone.
- On your phone, accept any connection requests from your computer.
- Set your computer as authorised in your phone Bluetooth settings to allow your phone to be automatically connected when in range.